Looking for a balanced, tasty, and hormone supportive treat? These chocolate coconut collagen bites are going to be your new best friend. Not only are they a perfect balance of protein, carbs, and fats, but they contain metabolism boosting ingredients.
1. Coconut: coconut is one of my favorite functional foods. It contains MCT’s, specific type of thyroid boosting fats. It also has saturated fats, which are much more stable than unsaturated. Plus, it’s high in potassium, which most women are deficient in.
2. Dates: dates contain beneficial carbohydrates, fiber, potassium, and fructose, which is beneficial for blood sugar and liver.
3. Collagen: collagen in the form of bone broth is another one of my favorite functional foods. It contains beneficial proteins, amino acids, and minerals. I like this brand of bone broth protein that gives you all of the benefits of bone broth in a convenient, flavorless, powder form.
4. Sea Salt: sea salt contains over 60 beneficial minerals, provides sodium, which most of us are deficient in, and support healthy adrenal function.
5. Cocoa: cocoa contains magnesium, fiber, and trace amounts of other beneficial minerals that are depleted by stress.
The best part about this recipe? No cooking required. All you need is a food processor and 6 ingredients you might have at home right now.
Please let me know if you make these! Tag me on Instagram @hormonehealingrd 🙂